Mt. Elbrus is one of the world’s seven summits
and the tallest peak in Europe with an altitude of 5,642 meters.
It is a great high altitude challenge,
requiring determination and a strong will.
Mt. Elbrus Itinerary
Day 1：Meet in Beijing or Shanghai
- Meet in Beijing or Shanghai and prepare to fly to Moscow.
Day 2：Moscow to Mineral Springs to Baksan Valley (2,100 meters)
- After arrival in Moscow, we will fly to Mineral Springs from where we will drive to Baksan Valley at the foot of Mt. Elbrus.
D3： Baksan Valley Acclimatization Day
- Today we will drive to 3,000 meters and hike about 200 to 300 meters higher. Before descending we will enjoy some of the delicious foods of the mountain.
D4： Baksan Valley to Barrel Huts Base Camp (3,700 meters)
- In the morning, we will take the cable car to Barrel Huts Base Camp, the starting point of the climb to Mt. Elbrus. In the afternoon we will hike to 4,000 meters for additional acclimatization.
D5：Barrel Huts Base Camp Acclimatization Day
- Today we will acclimatize and practice using our crampons and ice axes in preparation for summit day.
D6： Barrel Huts Base Camp to Mt. Elbrus Summit (5,642 meters) to Barrel Huts Base Camp
- Today is the day that we all have been waiting for, summit day! The climb to the summit will take about 6 to 8 hours from which we will have magnificent views of Europe’s tallest point. After our celebratory finish, we will head back to Barrel Huts Base Camp.
D8：Barrel Huts Base Camp to Baksan Valley
- A wonderful day to continue our celebration in Baskan Valley with special local cuisine and the ceremony to present our Mt. Elbrus summit certificate.
D9：Baksan Valley to Mineral Springs to St. Petersburg
- After breakfast we will drive to Mineral Springs from where we will fly to Russia’s second largest city, St. Petersburg.
- Today is a day dedicated to visiting the wonderful sites of St. Petersburg where we will have the special chance to visit the Hermitage Museum, one of the world’s largest and most famous museums.
D11：St. Petersburg to Moscow
- In the morning we will have more opportunities to visit the sites in St. Petersburg before heading via local sleeper trains to Moscow.
D12：Moscow (Day) and Fly to Beijing (Evening)
- Today is an incredible day to visit the capital of Russia, Moscow. With so many choices we will be busy all day at the Kremlin, museums, and dining on local delicacies.
- In the evening after an incredible day of touring the city, we will fly back to China.
D13：Return back to China
- Today we will make it back to China with memories of our great Russian adventure.
Note: Due to weather an other unforeseen circumstances Summit Experiences reserves the right to change or alter the program in any way deemed necessary.
Who can participate in the expedition?
- All participants to Mt. Elbrus are required to be in good health and be regular exercisers and at least 12 years of age. Although it is preferable to have had experience hiking at over 4,500 meters, it is not required.
The standard cost per participant is 58,000 RMB for a group of 6 or more. But we can offer you a discount of 5,000 RMB per person for a cost of 53,000 RMB for a group of 6 or more.
The cost per participant includes airfare and arrangements from Beijing to Mt. Elbrus and back to Beijing. As well this includes 3 meals a day, local transportation after arrival in Russia, climbing permits, climbing certificate fees, and climbing insurance. The does not include arrival in Beijing transportation cost, departure from Beijing to respective destination cost, checked luggage above the weight limit, alcohol, personal porters, tips for local Russian guides, and other personal expenses.